Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gaiam Yoga Sock

Today was a 5.25 mile run. The first 4 miles were in the dark so I tried out the Gaiam Yoga sock. The sock has non-stick rubber beads on the bottom and for the most part worked pretty well. It was quite windy yesterday therefore there was a lot of debris on the road. I was effectively able to deflect rocks and sticks which would most likely have torn up my feet.

The sock does not solve the water problem and tree sap is still the enemy but for those days where I have little running alternatives I found it helpful although an expensive proposition. I wore away the part of the rubber which makes it non-stick and may be able to get 10 more miles out of the sock. At $10 a pop, it makes the most expensive running shoe look like a good bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment