Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Barefoot in Belize

Unfortunately I have been traveling over the last couple of weeks. I spent time in San Diego and 9 days barefoot in Belize. While I would have liked to run while in Belize, I was too pre-occupied with all the things to do there... Basking in the sunshine, drinking piƱa colada's and swimming with the fishes.

I am back at it and after a couple of weeks off and a pedicure I found that I could only run 2 miles. I found the tips of my toes to be a little sensitive today. Strangely enough they were the same toes that I have been trying to grow my toenails back from the last marathons that I ran a couple of months back.

Aside from the little sensitivity, I am happy to report that I have experienced zero issues with running barefoot. No leg pain, back pain or foot soreness. I am going to start looking for a 10k that I can run in the next month or so. If that goes well, I will try for other races.

1 comment:

  1. My boyfriend and I met you in Belize on the water taxi, I was just talking to a coworker about barefoot running and I remembered your blog. I am enjoying reading it, and will try barefoot running soon!

    ReplyDelete